Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bad Feelings - Not About Politics But Humans

I wrote this September 2005. Since last week I have a little more faith that we will come together as citizens of this country to make it a better place for all of us to live. All the death we have caused by our actions are soul killing to me. I can only hope we will rise up to being better humans than we have been in the past. I can only hope....

May peace be inside all of us,
Cindy


I didn't know much about GWB before 2000 just like I didn't know much about Kerry before 2004. I found out who they were.

I did something I never did before in 2000. I put an AL Gore sign in my yard because I had a really bad feeling about GWB...who I didn't know, just had this really bad feeling in the pit of my soul. I've always voted, never got involved in any campaigns. Court's decided who would be our president. I thought that was my bad feeling.

9/11 happened. I thought, this was my bad feeling. I found out that GWB admin. knew, had a memo, this was going to happen. This had to have been my bad feeling...They let it happen. So I perceive.

Something happened which I didn't see our country, the USofA, America doing. We declared war on another country. I never thought there was any good reason to go to "war" with Iraq. Living in my own little world I thought we were the "good country" and would never do such a thing. With all the death, and for what?!?, in Iraq - I thought...this is my something bad. It's what I perceive.

Katrina blew through my state last weekend killing 11 before she decided to strengthen and hit the gulf. I waited and watched for day, people dying, people waiting for help. No help came. I have heard so many stories where FEMA didn't let the supplies in the area. So many stories about help being promised but help never came. Every thing I have seen so far and everything I know about living in hurricane area's....the state did it's job, the feds did not. It's what I perceive. I thought...this is my bad feeling...the bad feeling that sat in the pit of my soul from this man who I didn't know, GWB and his friends.

I still have the bad feeling more will come...wish I didn't.

I don't judge by ones words. Words come so easy to people. I judge by one's actions. Actions prove the true colors of oneself. Many talk the talk, few walk the walk. Walking the walk to better ourselves as humans.

It's not about politics, It's about humanity. Doing good for all...