Sunday, May 20, 2007

Honor the "right kind" of military on Memorial Day

I shake my head all the time when I come across the other side of the divide. Here I am sipping on my coffee - reading - and I come across this letter to the editor from Poughkeepse Journal.com

Take the time to honor the heroes in military

Memorial Day is a celebration of those who have sacrificed for us and a show of appreciation to their families

People like Cindy Sheehan and the self-serving politicians are always with us. They are self-absorbed attention seekers. How would Sheehan’s son feel to see his mother dishonor his memory?

We firmly believe if these heroes had not volunteered to serve our country, another tragedy bigger than 9/11 would have already been delivered. We probably cannot escape the madness of those who want to destroy us. That we have escaped so far is due to the efforts of these heroes.

A death by friendly fire is a wartime risk and, sad as it is, it is an honorable sacrifice.
Patriotism is a blessing; take time to think of and pray for our military personnel. Let their families know they are appreciated and remembered always.

Tobi & Marion Cantwell
Poughkeepsie



WOW, I just can't believe I just read that. Honor some military families but not the ones who don't believe like you. And if we aren't fighting them over there they will come here to kill us. The only thing Tobi & Marion Cantwell got right was patriotism is a blessing. Except our all volunteer military are being asked to do things they shouldn't be doing. They are giving up their lives for false freedom. And once they join the military there is no way they are getting out.

I listened to "The Ring of Fire" yesterday.
The U.S. military is redeploying seriously injured soldiers to fight in Iraq. Mark Benjamin of Salon.com relates what he witnessed at the Army's Third Infantry division in Fort Benning, Georgia.

They were talking about all the soldiers who are being sent back on thier second, third and sometimes fourth tour of duty and many who have physical injurys, head injuries, breathing problems. Many of these "kids" don't want to return. - we should be fighting them there so we don't fight them here - BULL SHIT! I say - I'll take my chances. Bring our troops home now!

The other side of the divide always uses fear and 9/11 to control. Right there is where they start off by being wrong. Nine eleven and Iraq have NOTHING to do with one another. The lies that have been told about that day are crazy and that people still use 9/11 and Iraq in the same breath are insane. If the other side of the divide would just look at the evidence of that day they will see who they should fear and it's not the Iraqi people. And I wish someone would show me the plane that hit the pentagon.



Just show me one plane part - just one!

Tobi & Marion Cantwell, stop living in fear and we can bring our troops home. And Cindy Sheehan is doing more for fighting for our freedoms than our military are doing in Iraq. But you don't like her and want her to go away. She is fighting them here so we don't have to fight them there. I wonder how much killing is ok with you. As long as it isn't your death, right?

YES, do take time to honor our fallen heros on Memorial Day. Many have died for our freedom. Many more have died because of the love of power and money. Still, they give their lives for ours. They are HERO's!

May PEACE be inside ALL of us so we don't add to the numbers on Memorial Day,
Cindy

Soldier’s wife censored

Elizabeth Verbich-Britton doesn’t think for a minute that her opinion on the Iraq war is any more valuable than any other American’s. But because her husband is a soldier in Iraq, it’s a bit more personal for her.

So, when her landlord forced her to remove her “U.S. Out of Iraq Now!” poster from her bedroom window, she was incensed.

“The sign was up for about a month,” she said during an interview at her apartment on East 10th Street. “I heard nothing from anyone about it, and then all of a sudden I got a letter from Woodbridge management saying I had to take the sign out of my window. And of course I was angry right away.”