Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Poems


March 2004
My Thoughts Drift Away.....
It's a beautiful day,The lawn fills with smiling faces.
The sounds of years past delight my ears.
Dancing and singing and enjoying the day.
I look to the sky, my thoughts drift away.
How many will die today?

I think of all those who live in fear,
as I listen to the music and enjoy my beer.
Enjoying the day with all the smiling faces.
Do they know how many will die today?
While they partake the sounds of the past.
I look at their faces and realize they do not.
I mention to a friend my thoughts.

With tears running down, I look at the ground.
I pray for the souls that will be set free.
I pray for the mothers and fathers.
I pray for the brothers and sisters,
for the husbands and wives,
and for the daughters and sons.
All will have to live without their loved ones.

I try to enjoy the moment once more, but I cannot.
My soul cry's for all the death we have caused.
I pray for peace in all humans that we can enjoy our moments.
Precious moments we choose to blow away, forever.

*************************************************************************
9/11/04

What I feel in my Heart

I see what I see every day,
All kinds of people acting different ways.
They say we are not for the Red, White and Blue,
It's all because we don't think like you.

I hear in the background the whispers of others,
They think we are doing good for all our brothers.
I fear the hate that they breed,
in my children's future they will bleed.

What happened to the peaceful souls?
Have we forgotten how peace grows?
It's not with the killing of other humans,
But with love all around, looming.

They come and take what is ours away,
And they say it is all OK.
Our jobs, our health care, our freedom are going
While we sit in Iraq and do more killing.

They fight the terror that happened this day
But I do not see it their way.
It is not the ones we kill in this war
it is others that will come back and give us more.

I feel in my heart that we will see the light
Just a question of doing wrong from right.
We all are humans, we all live here together
Just let your love shine and we will be here forever.